Friday, August 10, 2012

Watercolor Flowers - and an Announcement

Here is another card I made on Tuesday evening. I went to Archiver's on Tuesday to take advantage of their 43% off all stamps. I almost came home empty-handed! However, I was finally able to find two sets and one single stamp to buy:) It wasn't so easy to shop since I had Owen (my almost-20-month-old-very-busy grandson) and they don't have carts! I did manage somehow,though.

This stamp is the single stamp I purchased. It's from Stampendous. I stamped it on watercolor paper from Stampin' Up! and used my SU! ink pads and an Aquapainter to color it. I matted with black. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, is matted with black and is mounted on foam squares. The image, sentiment, and card base are all ivory, as are the stripes on the patterned paper.

Here is the announcement: Flutter By Wednesdays is back! And I was selected for the design team! Danni started announcing the team yesterday, announced some more today, and the last of the team will be revealed tomorrow. Check out the Flutter By Wednesday blog for details.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flutter by Wednesday - congratulations for being selected to their Team!! BTW - very nice card.
gloria

Sheri said...

Congrats on the new dt assignment! I really love the stamp you used on this card too. Your arrangement is really nice. Great job

Sandy said...

Congrats on being part of the re-start of Flutter By.
I really like the way the colours on your flowers pop against the stripped backgroud paper. Fabulous card Lynette!

Kristie W. said...

Wow, you did great at not overbuying! I'm sure I would have bought half the department LOL! Maybe I should try your trick and take my nephew with me :)

Looking forward to working with you on FBW again!

Sweet card - love the flowers!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

WOW! You are brave shopping at Archivers with Owen. :) Love the paper and layout on this card. It is such a neat stamp you bought. Will be anxious to see what else you purchased.

Congratulations on being chosen for another design team!

Kecia said...

Congrats on your new DT!

I'm loving those stripes! Very striking!

Lisa Lara said...

I love the dp bg and tilted panel Lynette.