Thursday, August 16, 2012

Onesie Baby Card

I have seen many "onesie" cards in the past, but I have never made one before. But, I thought it would be perfect for my niece. She is expecting her first baby in September and we are going to a shower for her tonight. She has done the baby's room (to be called Madison) in pink and brown, hence the color scheme for the card.

My sister was at my house for a few days, so we made a card together. Very fun! (She has some stamping things, but hasn't used them yet. I'm trying to "push" a little bit! LOL!) I didn't have a pattern, but it wasn't hard to make. I used circle Nestabilities to draw the curved edges to cut out, then used the matching scalloped Nestabilities for the trim. The patterned paper is from a Die Cuts With a View stack and the stickers are, too. We used an EK Success punch for the flowers and a Studio G punch for the letters, which were stamped with a Studio G stamp set. The flowers with letter centers are mounted on foam squares. We added eyelets for the snaps.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh that is so cute!

Unknown said...

This is lovely Lynette what a fabulous idea well done .
Hugs Elaine .
Love her name accross the front , must have a go at one of these

Kristie W. said...

This is super cute, Lynette! I love the colors!

JUDI said...

CUTE, And you did an awesome cut out of the onesie card. With Love Judi

Joanne said...

Your niece is going to LOVE this card! The paper you chose is so perfect for the color theme, and the lace around the legs and neck adds that sweet touch of femininity!

Unknown said...

Wow you are really talented! What an amazing card for a shower! Oh how I wish I lived near my sisters so I could craft with them! Have a wondeful day! Love your blog!

Here is mine!
http://www.thecraftysailorwife.com/

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is so adorable - your niece will love it! Have fun at the shower!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You did a great job making your own pattern. Shaped cards are always a little more special. :)

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Never been one for many baby shower cards, guess that shows my age!, but this is SO creative and cute, I'm absolutely in love with it!

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! Love how you personalized it!