Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sympathy in Two Colors


When my friend was over at my house last Friday doing her digital scrapbooking, she told me she was in need of a sympathy card, so I made her one very quickly. Then I made another almost like it for my "stash." Even though these are not exactly CASEd from Heather Telford, they are certainly done in her style, which I love. I masked off the top and bottom of the card front, then sponged on two colors of Tim Holtz Distress ink. The flowers and the sentiment are from a Hero Arts clear set. I masked off the very bottom of the flower stems, also.


This second one uses the same blue, but has purple instead of green. It also has three butterflies added to it, due to a slight smudge in the lower right corner. They were done with a Martha Stewart punch, and as usual, I added pearls to their bodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Both beautiful cards. I love how creative we all get when there is a goof at the very end. Save the card at all costs :)

JUDI said...

Really nice cards, I love the CAS cards the best. I have made a few SMUDGE butterflies myself.
good job. With Love Judi

Joanne said...

You know how I LOVE this look! These are gorgeous sympathy cards....you ability to blend the colors is AWESOME!

Whimsey said...

Beautiful - I love both!!

Mary said...

Both cards are beautiful Lynette. you always make designing your cards so easy to do.

Mary

Kristie W. said...

These are beautiful, Lynette!