Monday, August 13, 2012

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Curiosity Cat


Time for a new Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions - available at 50% off through Sunday evening. This week's stamp is called Curiosity Cat, and is found on this page. You can find all the details and the Rock Stars' creations on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built. Here, also, are links to the design team members' blogs:
Dawn ~Joy ~ Kecia

I chose paper-piecing for today. I used paper from Basic Grey for the cat and a plain grocery sack to piece the sack. I also put a pop dot under the top of the bag for more dimension. I matted with more grocery sack paper. I thought this would make a great invitation for a surprise party, and I printed the sentiment on my computer.

There are two challenges open on the Repeat Impressions blog, and you can find them here and here. There are great prizes up for grabs.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute image and fun for sending some kind of an announcement that you want to keep quiet. :)

joy said...

Love how you have positioned the image and the sentiment is such a cute idea!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is so cute Lynette!! Great sentiment too!

Mary said...

This card is awesome Lynette. I love the paper piecing that you di and that you used a real paper bag on the stamped paper bag. I can see just how dimensional the bag is. Very nicely done.

Mary

Patti J said...

Wow, you girls have done such a wonderful job with your curiosity cat cards this week! This is a fun card - love the paper bag!!!

Kecia said...

Your cat looks great, Lynette! So realistic. I love the use of white on this.