Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday

(This is my second post for today. For my Flutter By Wednesday post, please scroll down.)

Today begins a new WHAT IF? Wednesday challenge from Repeat Impressions. Wendy gives us a sketch and asks what we can create with it. One lucky participant for the month will win a $25 gift certificate! Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see the inspiration from the other team members. Or, follow these links to their blogs:
Cheri ~ Dawn ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Kecia ~ Maki ~ Patti

I started with Wendy's wonderful Monarch Butterfly, found here. I paper-pieced it with paper from a Recollections matstack. For the sentiment, I used the Happy Birthday stamp, found here. I used the same patterned paper as the butterfly for my squares, and matted with Perfect Plum from Stampin' Up! The two white squares are mounted on foam squares.

You still have nearly a week to enter Karen's Designer's Choice challenge, too. Her choice was to use scoring to decorate your card. A full sheet of unmounted rubber of your choice is up for grabs! You can find those details and post here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so neat and pretty!
gloria

Joey said...

Lynnette this is gorgeous, love the clean and simple look to it. Joey x

Sheri said...

Very pretty. Nice C&S

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such a simple layout to use but what a great affect by popping the two squares. Pretty color!

joy said...

Purple/lilac is one of my favorite colors and I love how you have used it and how clear the butterfly wings are! Great card!

Cheri said...

Lynette, this is so lovely. The soft pastels and the CAS design are stunning.