Sunday, August 25, 2019

Vellum Overlay

Two cards for today that are pretty much identical. They were both done with a Penny Black flower stamp and coloring the stamps with markers before stamping. I covered them both with vellum and did the sentiments with Versamark and black embossing powder.

For this first one, I adhered the vellum with eyelets. I heard when we were in Ankeny, Iowa in June that they were coming back, so I dug some out:) The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
For this second one, I cut the vellum with about an inch or so hanging over the left side. I scored it and put it behind the panel that the flower was stamped on. Then I added the panel with the vellum to a card base. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Beauitiful vellum card, Lynette!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful cards! Great way to use eyelets to attach the vellum. The vellum really softens the already pretty stamped design!

Cheryl W said...

This is such a soft and subtle look--very pretty! I like the idea of creating a flap on the vellum to tuck behind the image panel. That makes for a very elegant card.

Leslie Miller said...

They're coming back? OMGosh, I'm all set! This is a beautiful stamp and the vellum overlay gives such a soft look. The way you did the second card is very elegant.