Sunday, November 29, 2020

Pet Sympathy

A friend recently lost a furry family member. This is the card that I made for her. I die cut the window out of a piece of ivory cardstock. Then I used a Fiskars texture plate to emboss the pawprints in the background. I added the die-cut sentiment, and popped the panel up on foam squares.


I had embossed the panel on this card using the texture plate before I gave it enough thought to realize that if I used the die to cut the window in it, I would un-emboss the pawprints. So I left it as is, and did the other panel for the first card. But of course I had to use this panel. I also used the rectangle left-over from the window on the first card for this one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Sweet of you to send a pet sympathy card.
And I have embossed first and forgotten to die cut too!

Cheryl W said...

It is so sad to lose our pets. And so nice of you to express your sympathy with these lovely cards. The paw print embossing is a really nice, tactile reminder of a beloved furry friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are perfect for pet sympathy. Easy and quick so you can get them in the mail without delay. We grieve deeply over the loss of our pets and a card at this time is very thoughtful.