Saturday, November 21, 2020

Slide and Lock Christmas

Another card using a technique I saw on the blog of Karen Titus. Here is a link to the video of it. This is a standard gatefold card. But, the circle piece slides on and off and holds the card closed. I used a smaller sliding piece than Karen did. Also, I used thin paper for the inner circles. When I used cardstock, I felt the gap between the two sides was too large.

The paper is all from The Paper Studio. The snowflake, sentiment and circles were all cut with dies. Quite a simple card, actually.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Oh I like this idea! I wonder if you could glue just one side of the mechanism down and just slip the other side in the slot? I have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl W said...

That's an interesting technique. Do you think you'd have to send instructions to the recipient on how to open the card? I know I send instructions with my easel cards, because I'm afraid they won't understand why it's got that fold in the top half and why the top half of the decorative panel is not attached. I really like how yours turned out. Maybe I'll give it a try on a card I hand deliver. :)

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Lynette! Great choice of papers...I have some in my stash, I think! Love this!

Leslie Miller said...

Hmmm... interesting and pretty! I love the papers you used. Now that you have this year's Christmas cards done you're having fun playing and trying different things. Love that!