Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Owen!

It's not quite Owen's birthday, but his party was yesterday. I hadn't had time to make him a special card, but I found him one in my stash. However, when I saw the paper my husband had wrapped his presents in, I knew I had to make him a new one. The wrapping paper had jungle animals on it, and I had a set of stamps from Recollections with the same cute animals. Then when I found the set and saw there was also the word "ROAR," that's what I had to use. Owen is very good at saying that a lion says "roar." :)


I stamped the lion on yellow slightly patterned cardstock from Sizzix and cut it out. I colored the mane, ears, mouth and nose with Copics. I mounted him on Dimensionals. I colored the ROAR, too. I placed them both on textured brown paper and added that to Kraft base. I added googly eyes for some fun. The color is a little off in the picture - it actually all matches better than it looks here.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Marge said...

This is SOOO A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I'm sure he'll LOVE it, even though he probably will just want to play with the box his gift is wrapped in -- LOL! What a special day for your whole family -- ENJOY!!!

Sandy said...

Hope your family had a great 1st Birthday party with Owen. Gosh, where has the time gone? Has a year really gone by since you all welcomed him into your family!?
Such a great card for a one year old.

Christina said...

This is a gorgeous card Lynette! Love the little lion!
Hugs Kristel

Shoshi said...

Awww that's so adorable! Happy Birthday Owen! What a very special card for a first birthday. He will probably go round deafening you all with his roaring!! Gorgeous little lion!

Thanks for the awesome comment on my blog, Lynette! You really are too kind! Glad you like my digital drawing. Originally I was just hoping to download a decent freebie to stick on the back but anything half way decent had to be paid for and mean old Shoshi wasn't prepared to do that lol!!

Hugs, Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Hard to believe that Owen is already one year old! Very cute card for him!

Sheri said...

Already? Where did that year go? Is he walking? Darling card!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Happy Birthday, Owen!
gloria

Leslie Miller said...

This is really cute, Lynette! It's absolutely perfect for a little shaver like Owen.