Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rich Razzleberry Birthday Flowers

A birthday card for my niece. It was fun to have some time to make her a card.


I used two stamps from the Gina K set, Various Verses. I used Stampin' Up! markers on both of them and stamped them on watercolor paper. I matted with Rich Razzleberry cardstock from SU!, punched a butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch, and added a "pearl" with my Viva Pearl Pen. That's it!


I hope everyone is managing to feel "under control" this holiday season. There have been times when I haven't, but I'm doing better now:) We still don't have our tree up, though, which rather bothers me. It used to go up the day after Thanksgiving, but since we often go to Chicago, we're not home then. We also better start shopping soon!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Christina said...

That is a really beautiful card Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Lisa Lara said...

What a sweet and HAPPY birthday card Lynette. Makes me smile.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm ready to start making something other than Christmas cards. I love flowers and your card is very pretty!

We don't have our tree up either. Hope to do it this weekend and let our granddaughter Taryn decorate it on Monday. That should be fun!

Leslie Miller said...

I just love seeing flowers this time of year, and Rich Razzleberry is such a pretty color. Thanks for the spot of sunshine in this pretty card!

Sheri said...

Very pretty. Love your color choice

Dawn B. said...

I bet she loved this.. Your card is perfect for a birthday. I got all my stuff done in Nov. I am looking forward to the holidays..

Shoshi said...

Hi Lynette, thanks for your awesome comment on my blog! You really do encourage me!!! Glad you like my mirrors. I gave one to a friend at her birthday party last night and she loves it!!

As far as feeling "under control" - no, I don't!! Having been out of action for a fortnight with that awful throat infection I'm totally behind with everything. I'm trying to make some "bag skirts" at the moment - one has to be ready for us to take up to the family when we go for the funeral at the end of this week - and it's all taking ages as I learn new techniques and wait for stuff to arrive from Ebay!!

Good news - my new cutting machine will soon be with me! Keep an eye on my blog for news. I won't be able to do much with it till after Christmas though.

Love the cards you are making! This one is such a gorgous colour, and I love the cupcake one too!

Hugs, Shoshi