Thursday, November 12, 2015

Sympathy Tree

I've made several Christmas cards lately, so how about a break from them for a sympathy card. I don't need to use it right now, thank goodness, but it's always good to have some on hand.

The tree is from a Stampin' Up! set. I used my MISTI to stamp it. (Love the MISTI. I got it Memorial Day weekend, but I guess I've never mentioned it on my blog.) I used the MISTI because I first stamped it in Old Olive green ink. Then I colored the trunks with brown and stamped it again. Then I tried a technique on it which didn't work so well, but it still looks nice. I tried "swirling" a darker green on the leafy areas. It works well for more solid images, but I thought I'd give it a try on this tree. I'll have to try again with a different stamp. I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts) with the same brown marker. I also matted the panel with brown cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

I love your CAS style Lynette. This is great! Judy x

Chookarooni said...

Like your card Lynette, - interested to hear you also invested in Misti - have bought myself one (early Christmas pressie) but of course haven't tried it yet - thanks for prompting me to get it and give it a try!
M-J

Shoshi said...

What a beautiful card, Lynette - I love your tree. I have no idea what a Misti is!!

Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment. My first appointment in this current batch went well - the pre-assessment for my procedure next week - and although I crashed after overdoing things this week, today I was able to cook my first evening meal and it was a great success! I am gradually getting back into some sort of routine, and hope to be back in the studio again soon, as part of my daily routine!

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Love the tree stamp! Makes a lovely sympathy card and it is always good to have some on hand. I've been wondering about the MISTI. Keep hearing about it. Guess I should watch a video. I've heard it's much easier to use than other stamp positioners. I still use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I wouldn't have ever thought to use the stamp for a sympathy card or to color it since it is a part of a "silhouette" set. Great idea to use the MISTI for stamp it. I'm going to have to try that since I haven't used mine often enough. Too many wood mounted stamps in my collection yet.