Saturday, February 23, 2019

Pink Birthday


We had one of our grandsons here a couple days this week. One day we went into my stamping room for just a little, tiny bit. He picked up my brayer and was playing with it and asking what it was. I showed him one thing it was good for was brayering color on an embossing folder. That was about as much interest as he had! :) But, of course, I then had to use the piece that I had just made, so that was the basis of this card. The folder I used was by Darice - "Chicken Wire,"  I believe - my favorite. I added two layers of Washi tape and matted it with black. The lady bug is from a new-to-me Hero Arts set. (I think I have used butterfly stamps from it on my blog already, and you will be seeing more of them in the next few days.) I stamped and cut it out using a die from the set. The sentiment panel is mounted on foam squares.

For the inside sentiment, I printed the words on my laser printer and used foil. I got lots of foil for Christmas, so I really need to use some of it up!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Wow! That really turned out great! I haven't inked up an embossing folder for a long time. Maybe I'll give it a try again for some Easter cards. It makes such a pretty background. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, so pretty! I'm immediately drawn to the pink ladybug and the layered Washi tape. Your foiling is amazing, too! I've seen some background techniques using a heat laminator that are super pretty. Nice that someone gave you all that foil for Christmas!