Thursday, September 24, 2020

Inked Embossing Folder

Hey, I'm back with a couple cards! LOL! I haven't had much time at all in my stamping room, but I do have something. I was working on a card for our group's color swap (kraft and another color) and came up with this. But, I made a different card for the swap. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on kraft cardstock and inked it up before embossing with the turquoise ink. After embossing, I rubbed a white ink pad over the raised areas. The sentiment (which you can barely see in the photo) is a circle greeting from Papertrey Ink. The center of the greeting is from the same set and I used white embossing powder for it, cut it out with a scalloped circle Nestability and popped it up on foam squares. I also sponged a little white ink around the edges of the scallops.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That's a very cool card. Great embossing folder that you used for it! The Kraft and the color of green is a nice combination!

Cheryl W said...

I love the idea of using two different inks on one embossing folder. I need to give that a try! Your card is really pretty. Maybe I can get my crafting bench cleaned off tomorrow from all the Halloween cards I've been working on, so I can play around with this idea. As always, your card is an inspiration!

Kathie said...

Gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

I have this folder and it's still one of my favorites. I love this color with kraft and it's very clever how you sponged with white after embossing. Gives it a soft, pretty look. I have not yet made this technique work satisfactorily for me. I'm going to try distress oxide inks next. After that I'll probably give up.