Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Special-Fold Birthday

Someone in my stamping group made a card like this, so I had to try it. It folds up like you'd fold up the top of a box - overlapping the panels. The instructions I had called for making it using two pieces of cardstock, but I thought I would try it with only one. I scored the lines and then cut out the corners and then folded it up. I thought I'd show you what it looks like when it's flat. The flower panels all use Papertrey Ink stamps. The text panel is from Hero Arts. I inked it up with green and then I used purple maker over some of the words. It came out looking black, but that's OK.
I'll have to see when I'll get more time in my stamping room. I've had SO much time in there, but not so much recently. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon. Stay safe and stay well!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great idea to make the card using just one sheet of paper! Why didn't I think of that? After I read your post, I realized that the card was perfect for making it from an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock! I like the stamp you used on the three corners and the coloring. I remember that Hero Arts stamp.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, cool! I'd probably never get it folded up right again. You know, kind of like a map. I love the look. Cute flowers!

Cheryl W said...

That's a really cool fold! And you've made it so pretty, too. It looks like it ends up being an A2 size card. Is that correct? This looks like a lot of fun to make.

Patti J said...

Wow! That looks challenging, pretty card, my friend...hope you are well!

bonnie32002 said...

I haven't made one of these in years! These cards are so fun and I love your color choices and images!