Sunday, September 27, 2020

Thinking of You - W-Fold Card


A friend of ours just had back surgery this week. Here is the card that I made for her. It's called a W-fold card. The outside is pretty plain, but I actually like it enough to maybe make another card or two like it, without the "stuff" on the inside!

The outside uses a Darice embossing folder. After embossing, I rubbed the raised areas gently with an orange and then with a yellow ink pad. The sentiment is from an old set from Stampin' Up! The stamps on the inside are all from a "Flip Set" from Repeat Impressions. They are made for use with a "flip card" but I thought they worked great for this style card, too.

Since I used Repeat Impressions stamps, I thought I would link up to their "Anything Goes" challenge. You can find that challenge here. The card base and other panels are ivory cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Bea said...

Beautiful card, Lynette. Will you ever be posting directions to make this and the special fold card you posted 9/9? As always a great job.

Darnell said...

I have to disagree about the outside of this card being pretty plain, Lynette! I think it is regal and gorgeous with the autumn colors and beautiful font! But, of course, the inside is a flippin' surprise, har har! (Sorry, couldn't resist!) It is fabulous and fun! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Nope, I wouldn't call it plain. I'd call it gorgeous! It does not hint at the surprise inside, though. Those stamps are so utterly sweet and they're perfect for this card, especially since it's a get well card. Your friend will be delighted and feel warm and loved. It looks like an easy pop up design.

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE this one, Lynette! Of course, I really like interactive cards, so anything that pops out, like this one does, really appeals to me. The colors you chose are so pretty for fall. I'm certain this will give a boost to your friend.

bonnie32002 said...

I absolutely love the look of the inked leaves on this card. What a surprise with the fun pop out bird houses, great job!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO pretty!!! is the sentiment RI as well? Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Challenge at The House that Stamps Built!!!

Heather said...

You may think it's plain on the outside, but I think it is quite elegant! I LOVE how you inked up the embossed leaves; they look amazing! And the font on the sentiment is beautiful! Don't even get me started on the inside . . . first, the pop up elements are really cool, and it's such a fun way to use these flip stamps. Love it! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.