Monday, October 25, 2021

All-Natural Birthday

This card is made with help from Mother Nature. :-) The background is a piece of birch bark. The leaf was made with a real leaf. I ran the leaf through my BIGkick and it embossed it. It didn't leave much color, though, so I added ink to the leaf two times using different colors and placed it back over the embossed image. I added the sentiment, stamped in a gray to match the birch bark, matted the panel and mounted it on foam squares. It was pretty fun. I have some other leaf prints to use on my next cards. The sentiment is from an older Gina K set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great idea to use a real leaf on your card. I like the torn piece behind it too.

Leslie Miller said...

Lynette, this is amazing! You know how I love a nature theme and this has plenty of REAL nature on it. It turned out great with just the perfect bit of your own ink enhancement. Our Eucalyptus tree drops large peels of bark all the time and it looks very cool. Not sure how it would work on a card, though.

Cheryl W said...

This is amazing, Lynette! I've I hard of using real leaves to emboss, but I've never tried it.
I hope you'll explain the process a little more when we get together. I'm really interested in learning more about it.

Patti J said...

The birch bark is so unique! And that lovely leaf stole the show! So pretty, dear friend!