Monday, October 18, 2021

Paper Pad Card-Making Session

I have watched many YouTube videos of Kristie Marcotte making cards using up a whole pad of patterned paper. I thought I should give that a try. Not so great for me! I still have lots left, but I tired of it. I need to print out some sketches and cut some pieces and then get back to it. I'd love to finish off this paper. It came from Archiver's many years ago.

At any rate, here are six cards that I've made using it. It came with some punch-out pieces, also. I have used various stamps and dies on them. They will be donated (along with many others) to my friend, Cheryl, who volunteers at a thrift store and also makes tons of cards for them to be sold at the store.





Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, it is so nice of you to give the cards to Cheryl so that they can be taken to the thrift store! We wish we could sell more ourselves, but it really does feel good to donate them. These are great children's cards. When I set my mind to use up a pack of paper, it sounds like such a great idea, but it is amazing just how long it takes to make that many cards make!!!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, my gosh, Lynette, these are awesome cards and will sell super quickly at the thrift shop. I've made a few children's cards with ages 10 or less on them, and had so much fun doing it. I don't have small grands anymore, so making cards for the younger ones is a nice change. You are so, so kind to donate these. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Leslie Miller said...

You made six very cute cards and that's quite an accomplishment. I think it's the most fun to simply make card layouts and add the stamps and finishing touches later. Heaven knows I've got the paper for it! I still have a few layouts I haven't used yet, but also amassed more paper in the meantime. Donating cards is a wonderful idea!