Saturday, October 30, 2021

Gina K Technique Birthday


I made these cards using a technique that Gina K shared on YouTube. You can find it here. I followed her instructions quite closely. The second one (which I did first) is the same, just using a lighter touch and a different stencil. Basically, you first score the lines on the image panel. Then you rub an ink pad or two down the panel. Then emboss with a stencil and add some more color with a darker ink pad. Then use a Prismacolor pencil over the embossed area and then use Gamsol to highlight the color. My cardstock is ivory. The panel on the second card is popped up with foam squares.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've never seen that done before. I really like the results you got with your cards!

Cheryl W said...

This is such an interesting technique, and your cards turned out great. I'd like to try it with gray ink instead of the brown. I wonder ow that would look. Thanks for including the link to Gina K's video. I watched it to see just how it was done.

Leslie Miller said...

I've done this with the wood background and then embossing folder, but not with a stencil. It's very cool and I'll have to try it (after I watch the video). Thanks, Lynette! Your stencil and colors are beautiful!