Wednesday, April 22, 2015

And Yet Another Sympathy Card!

Even though this is officially a "Thinking of You" card, it was made to send to a church member who just lost her mother.

I used the other image stamp from the Stampin' Up! set called "Thoughts and Prayers." And since I have now used both of the images and four of the sentiments (two outside and two inside) I think I will consider it done when I finally come to it during my mission to use all of my SU stamps. I inked up the branch in brown, the leaves in green and the flowers in purple - using markers. I matted with green. I embossed the white layer with the same Crackle Darice folder. I added "pearls" to the flower centers with my Viva Pearl Pen. That is so awesome for making whatever size pearls you want.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful cards!!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

"Thinking of You" is also a good sentiment to use for a sympathy card. I've used that design myself. Your card is very pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this one's pretty too! I love the white base and the little purple flowers. I often use "thinking of you" on sympathy cards. It's such a good sentiment for many uses and can be made ahead and held for when needed.

Lisa Lara said...

lynette this card is so beautiful. I just love the texture.

bonnie32002 said...

I have this set and have always liked it.

I love the subtle texture and color choices, well done!