Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dad!


I had things to be done yesterday, but I took a break to spend some time in my stamping room. I decided to check out the challenges at SplitCoastStampers and chose to do the Technique Lovers' Challenge.

This week's challenge is "Negative Glitter." You die-cut an opening and add glitter underneath using double-sided tape and colored glitter. I used quarter-inch Scor-Tape on a white card base and put three strips of it across the card, positioned under where the opening would be. I removed the backing on one piece of tape and sprinkled the glitter on it. I cleaned off the excess glitter, removed the paper from the second piece of tape and added the second color of glitter. Then I repeated the process and added the third color of glitter. When I was in Omaha, I had used Sheri's die to cut this front panel from Papertrey Ink's Terra Cotta Tile cardstock, and it had been sitting on my table, waiting to be used. I finally had the perfect use for it! I stamped the loon (from Repeat Impressions) on the card front and then the sentiment (from Hero Arts.) It was lacking a little something, so I used a fine-tip marker to add the hand-doodles around the edges. Then I adhered the card front to the card base.

This card is for my dad, who will be 90 on Friday. We're having a party for him and I sure hope it's well-attended!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So creative! I love the ombre effect of color!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh wow! This is perfect for that technique Lynette.

Leslie Miller said...

Okay, I have to do this. It is so pretty! Love how you used the sparkly blue with the duck. The doodles are a great touch, too. Your dad will just love this!

stevenjared0853 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.