Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Another Sympathy Card

I needed two more sympathy cards, so I made them both the same. (Parents of friends. I guess I'm just at that age.)

The two stamps that I used are from the Stampin' Up! set called "Thoughts and Prayers." I colored the tree stamp with a brown and a green marker, then misted with water and stamped it on a piece of white cardstock. I matted that piece with dark brown. The bottom layer is green. I embossed it with a Darice folder called "Crackle." I matted the sentiment and mounted it on foam squares. (On the other card, the sentiment was stamped right on the same layer as the tree. I stamped this sentiment crooked, so this was the solution to that!) 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

A very classy card. Love the embossed background

Unknown said...

Great use of different textures and layering! I really like this card, corrected mistake and all!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, I may just CASE your card today. The wife of one of our friends died and I need to make something today. Since it will go to the husband, I think your card will be good for a guy.

Sandy said...

Lynette, sorry you need the sympathy cards, but I do love that stamp set. It is my go to every time I need a sympathy or thinking of you card.
The crackle embossed background is a perfect.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely a perfect sympathy card. I really like the crackle embossed background. Yes, we are at that age. I was thinking of that in regard to Mother's Day cards. Not many of my friends in my age group still have their mothers.