Thursday, April 16, 2015

Happy Anniversary, Lucy and David!

Happy Anniversary, Lucy and David! Lucy is one of my oldest friends ... well, make that our friendship is one of my oldest! :) This is the card I sent Lucy and her husband for their anniversary, which was yesterday.

I used a friend's die set when she was here to stamp with me a couple weeks ago. (Thanks, Bonnie!) It's by Sizzix through Stampin' Up! The papers are SU! also. The die cut flower border is from my stash from our Group Gathering last summer. The stamps are from Verve. I would not normally choose to sponge black ink around the edges. However, that was my solution after somehow rubbing the card on my black ink pad after it was finished! Oops. The butterfly was cut using a Memory Box die.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That black ink looks good, actually, Lynette! Cute card design. I like the way you spanned the card with the die cut border.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That type of card is a fun one to receive. Nice way to wish them a Happy Anniversary! I need to get my dies out like that and use them!