Friday, April 10, 2015

Another Simple Sympathy

Another simple sympathy card for today's post. It's VERY similar to last Friday's post. Sorry. Not a lot of stamping time lately:( I did have to use the one I posted last week, and I need to use this one, too. A neighbor died last week, and a friend from church lost her father this week.

Again, I'm using card parts. These poppies have been stamped and in my pile for a couple of years, I think. The "With Sympathy" is die-cut. When I stamped the flowers, I "thumped" them with a darker marker after inking them up with the lighter color.

Today completes week seven without having Wyatt here. Time sure flies!!! I have been busy, and will continue to be busy for most of the last four weeks. My dad will be flying home with my sister on Tuesday, after being in Atlanta for two months. He is doing VERY well and I'm sure he'll be happy to be back in his own home again. However, he's had very good care down there and now he'll have to start doing his own cooking again:) I think he'll have some doctor appointments soon, so we'll find out if the cancer is gone. Sure hope so! His 90th birthday party will be a week from tomorrow, so we'll be celebrating. Hopefully we can get our skydiving scheduled soon, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty. You know I love the white. :)

bonnie32002 said...

Cas cards are best for sympathy. Just sorry you need 2 so close together.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!
Gloria

Unknown said...

Even though it is a sympathy card, your post today was filled with lots of postives...love the thumping idea and I love hearing "miracle" stories about people who have been stricken with cancer. May your Wyatt-less days still be filled with happiness and smiles!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a lovely card just too bad you actually were needing a couple sympathy cards. Same here though and I need to make the second one today.

So glad your father is doing so well and I pray that the cancer is GONE! Hope you have a great celebration for his 90th!

Shoshi said...

Such a lovely card, Lynette, and how I do love poppies!! Thank you so much for all your wonderful prayerful and thoughtful comments during my hospital stay, for me and my hubby. I am so happy to be home. I have a load of lovely messages to reply to and it's going to take some time! Please keep an eye on my blogs for updates as and when I get round to doing them.

Shoshi

Lisa Lara said...

What a gorgeous card Lynette. I just love those red poppies. So glad your dad is doing well. And sorry you have a need for a sympathy card.

Leslie Miller said...

I bet your little Wyatt will be plenty happy to come back to Gramma's house when the time comes. Enjoy your last four weeks. I know how easy it is to fill up your time. Happy news about your dad! I remember how scary it was in the beginning, but it sure has had a positive outcome. A very pretty card today, Lynette. I love the poppies. I wish we never had to use our sympathy cards.