Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Bouquet for You

On Thanksgiving night, I went to Michael's to get some good deals. With stamp sets half price with an additional 30% off, the $10 sets were $3.50. I just had to get something! I bought this set by Stampendous. When I sat down to use it, though, I had no idea what to do with it. I'm pleased enough with the way it turned out, though.

I stamped the jar on vellum with black ink and then embossed with detail black embossing powder. I stamped the flowers with leaves, and also the separate leaves, on scrap paper. I colored them with Copics and cut them out. I stamped the stems on a piece of white cardstock, also, and colored them. I adhered the vellum piece over the stems. I mounted the flowers and leaves on foam squares and added them. The sentiment pieces are from the same set. I found some patterned paper to match, and matted the pieces with green.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Boy that was a great deal at Michaels. I like the stamp set you chose. And you colored it so pretty. Very nice card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that is pretty, Lynette! So nice to see flowers. They're good any time of the year. Makes me feel all warmed up inside. Beautiful job on this card once you got started. You sure found your way! And great deal at Michaels! Of course, you had to get something. I went to Joann's on Black Friday and got a couple wood block stamps for half price. They are not to be resisted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynetter
This is such a gorgeous beautiful card--will have to go look for the stamp--the flowers look so real--great job Lynette. Raquel

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lynette did not proofread---LYNETTE

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Somehow I missed this post. What a beautiful bouquet of flowers and such pretty dp behind the main image! Great explanation of how you did it.