Saturday, December 12, 2015

Spotted Birthday

I made this background piece a few weeks ago, and finally got it off my table and on to a card. I think you've maybe "heard" me say that a time or two ... or ten!

I brayered distress ink on to a Cuttlebug folder, spritzed it with water and then put a piece of cardstock in the folder and closed it - didn't emboss it. Then I used the same color purple ink and sponged around the edges. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I love this! Whoda thought not to emboss using the embossing folder? Not me I can tell you that! I am going to have to try this letter press style. Thanks for the instructions

Leslie Miller said...

Well, for heaven's sake! That's a pretty cool background, Lynette! You always do the neatest things with your embossing folders. You sure got a lot of color out of this without even embossing it. I love it!