Friday, December 18, 2015

Happy Birthday, Sheri!

The card I made for my friend, Sheri. Hope you have a great day!

I started with the butterfly border - cut from black with a Memory Box die. I added a piece of Washi tape and scored a few lines. For the background, I masked off the edges and sponged purple distress ink on it, getting less and less as I headed toward the left. Then I spritzed it with water. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Thanks Lynette! I really love my card that you have on your blog today! Thanks so much

Sandy said...

Very pretty card Lynette. I love the shading of the back ground. And Sheri you have a wonderful birthday. Today was my Mom's birthday too.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beauty this is! Love that gorgeous purple background and the contrast of the pretty butterfly border in black over top. Wow!

Unknown said...

I will have to try that sponging techniques...the results are wonderful!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful card Lynette - I love that purple background!