Monday, December 14, 2015

"Recycled" Anniversary

A few years ago, I made some wedding cards for a friend and put the bride and groom's name and the date of their wedding on the front. However, I spelled the bride's name wrong on one of them! Oops. Luckily, my friend saw it right away and I made a new one. This card has been sitting around ever since. I removed the wedding cake from its original position and moved it over the mispelled name. Then I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with silver, matted it with shimmery silver, and added it. The background was embossed with a Sizzix folder and the cake was done with a small Cuttlebug folder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Great design...classic Lynette style here!

Leslie Miller said...

Great save! Good thing your friend caught it. And it turned out real pretty! Love the silver and white and the embossed cake. I need to get started on some anniversary cards.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nicely done with the silver!!!

Chookarooni said...

Don't you love it when you can save a card! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, nice anniversary card. I don't have the cake, but will find something to substitute!
Gloria