Friday, December 4, 2015

Gold and White Christmas

I finally had a little time in my stamping room yesterday, so I cleaned it up a bit. Then I used some pieces I found laying around and made them into a couple cards.

I had embossed this white piece while working on my calendar page for next year. (It didn't make the cut, though.) I used a Dreamweavers stencil for it. I matted it with shimmery gold paper and scored a couple lines under it. I used a My Favorite Things stamp for the sentiment. I'm not usually a "Happy Holidays" person (I prefer "Merry Christmas") but this one fit very nicely. I matted the gold with another layer of white and mounted on foam squares. This one will have to be for next year, as my cards all went out in the mail on Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely, lovely card! The embossing folder is perfect paired with your gold sentiment.

Unknown said...

What a great card! I love the embossing and the score lines...simple things that bring such an impact to a card.

Leslie Miller said...

One card ahead for next year already! So nice. I'm not even done with this year's. This is beautiful, Lynette! The combo of gold with embossing (both kinds) is a knockout. I'm a "happy holidays" kind of gal, but also a "merry Christmas", "noel", "seasons greetings", you name it kind of gal.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love what you said about using "Merry Christmas". I used to feel fine about using either one until the attack on using Merry Christmas. Now it's the only greeting I will use on my CHRISTMAS cards! LOL! And I may as well stay on my soap box long enough to register my dislike of how the stamp makers have gone to not using a capital "C" at the beginning of the word Christmas. I know that it has been a trend for quite a while now to make sentiments using only lowercase letters and while I don't particularly care for that trend for most of my sentiments I just WILL NOT buy stamps or dies where the word Christmas is spelled with a lowercase "C". Trend or no trend, I see that as a total lack of respect.

Great card! I always love metallics or glitter. I'm a sparkle and/or shine girl all the way! :)

Unknown said...

I really love your cards, and this one is next on my plans for cardmaking today! I also love that you prefer Merry Christmas, so I'm sending my wishes to you for a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.