Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Positive! (And Negative, Too)

I came across these stickers while digging in my sticker drawer. Thought I really should use some, since I have so many. For this card, I used the "positive" sticker. It is silver, in case you can't tell by the photo. I placed it on sticky paper and added microfine glitter. Then I colored it with Copic markers. I matted with a pinkish cardstock and mounted on foam squares. I embossed the bottom piece of cardstock with a Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things and is embossed with detail silver embossing powder.
For this card, I used the "negative" portion of the sticker. I matted with silver shimmery paper. The bottom layer is a card part that I actually dug out of my trash bag! I had made it into a card a while ago, but didn't like the card, so I threw it out. Came across it while I was looking for something and decided this part was worth saving. So, I trimmed it down and matted it with silver, also. I had made the background by sponging cardstock with distress ink, then "stamping" with water spritzed on a background stamp. The sentiment is the same as the first card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love this stickers! One time I accidentally ordered one with the silver and wasn't sure I was going to like it. When I made it up with colors similar to yours I had someone who wanted to buy it. Now I wish I had gotten more silver. :) Your cards are both wonderful!

bonnie32002 said...

Great use of the sticker...how to really get your money's worth!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I don't know which one I like best! They're both so beautiful! Nice that the negative has such a good, clear design. Really pretty sticker and cards!