Friday, July 20, 2018

Bleach Technique

I watched a video of Gina K doing this technique and decided to give it a try. It's really quite simple. Ink up a background stamp and stamp on a piece of white or ivory cardstock. In both of my cards, I also spread another color of ink over the stamped image to color the white spots. Then stamp a line image over the background with Versamark and emboss with detail black embossing powder. Get yourself some bleach and "color" the image with it. It will remove the ink that you put on the card.

For this first card, the background is from Darcie's and the images are from Gina K. The sentiment is from Gina K, also.
The background on this second card is from Recollections. The stamps are from Gina K.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I watched the same video over on Gina K Designs. I haven't used the bleach method in ages and thought I should give this a try. Your cards look really great. Hope I can find some time this week to try it.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, must try! Love the look of these, and the pretty stamps you chose.