Monday, July 8, 2019

Birthday Leaves


Every time I see these leaves, I think feathers. I just have to keep telling myself that they are actually leaves! :) I used ivory cardstock for this card. I used a die to cut the leaves. To back the leaves, I used a piece of used foil. The foil was used originally for another card, which I haven't finished yet. (I'm actually not sure if I will use it or not.) It was used to foil an embossed image, so there were fine lines gone from it. I thought by using it under the die-cut, you would see where the foil was missing and it looked like veins in the leaves. I'm sorry you can't see it better in the picture. The first picture looks like there is gold in the foil, but that is just a lighting issue.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Elegant!
this is a great use for the used foil which I haven't even started to think about. I thought I would never have alcohol markers or washi tape either lol~!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I just love that die! It makes such a great card for multiple occasions and certainly a go-to design for the guys. That was a perfect way to use the foil that had been used on a different project!

Mary said...

I love the die and the way that you designed your card to be clean and pretty.

Mary

Cheryl W said...

I never would have thought of using my used foil that way. I guess I'll rethink throwing used pieces out after seeing your fab card.

Leslie Miller said...

It does look like there's gold in it. I want you to know, when I click for a close up I can see the "veining" and it looks fabulous. Little details... all the difference. Genius, Lynette!