Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy Birthday, Darnell!

This is the card that I sent to Darnell for her birthday. Little did I know that it met the requirements for the CAS Watercolour Challenge, which coincidently featured Darnell's birthday! I also forgot to take a picture of it, so Darnell wonderfully took pictures and sent them back to me:) So, thanks for the suggestion, Darnell, and here is my submission for the challenge.

As I said, i have watched several Jennifer McGuire videos lately while walking on the treadmill in the mornings. This is something I learned in one of them. I believe Jennifer called it an interlocking gate-fold card. The stamps I used are from Stampendous (flowers) and Papertrey Ink (sentiment.) I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers. I die-cut the frame and the image panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such pretty little flowers and what a great fold for the card. I've not ever seen that one.

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic card, Lynette! I love the fancy fold and the beautiful bouquet of watercolor flowers! I know that Darnell loves the sparkle from the WOS! Thank so much for helping us celebrate Darnell's birthday at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Adorable bouquet stamp - beautifully coloured. And your card fold is fabulous - it adds so much interest! Thanks so much for making a card for the challenge I'm hosting at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

That is the sweetest bouquet of flowers, Lynette! And what an engineering feat with the way the card moves. Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty this is and perfect for Darnell and the challenge! Very cool and clever fold. I can see how it works -- brilliant! I do love a gate fold card, and this is a new twist. Nice of Darnell to photograph it for you!

Darnell said...

Ladies, this card is SO much more gorgeous in person and it's a really intriguing way to open a birthday card! It took me a minute to figure it out! I'm glad you were able to play in the CASWC challenge, Lynette, and thanks again for the pretty card!! Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl W. said...

What a great card, Lynette! The bouquet of flowers is lovely and the fold is really fun. Haven't made one of these yet.