Friday, July 19, 2019

Leafy Birthday

Another card using my leaf die. Again, I used the negative space for a stencil. This time I used embossing paste over the stencil. I added glitter to it. However, it didn't stick at all. I guess I needed to press it down or something. It's been a while since I've used embossing paste and glitter, I have forgotten! At any rate, I then sponged the green ink over the embossing paste image. I added the sentiment, from Papertrey Ink, and a thin strip of glitter Washi tape to the left edge of the panel. I mounted the image panel on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another great card using that die. I haven't used embossing paste for such a long time.

Cheryl W said...

Even when things don't work out, they still work out! Like they say, there are no accidents in cardmaking. I love the dimension of your embossing paste. You've got me thinking how pretty it would be to add embossing paste leaves to a paper poinsettia on a Christmas card.

Leslie Miller said...

So... I really need to get started with some stencils if they can look as pretty as this. Love the texture and the green sponging. I've seen embossing pastes that have the shimmer and glitter built right in. That might be nice.