Friday, July 26, 2019

Wedding Card in Black and White

A friend of ours recently got married and this is the card we sent them. My friend, Harriet, made a card very similar to it when she was here in June, and also suggested at the time that the sentiment die could easily be changed from "Mr & Mrs" to "Mr & Mr." Great suggestion, Harriet!

The lattice frame, leafy sprig and flowers were all cut with dies. I added a black oval under the lattice and black enamel dots to the flower centers. I mounted that panel on foam squares. I embossed the background with an old Cuttlebug folder and matted that with black. I die-cut the sentiment four times and layered them for dimension, and also added Wink of Stella for shimmer. The sentiment kind of disappeared on the black and white lattice, so I cut my own "shadow" to put under it. Congratulations, John and Brian!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, so stylish in black and white. xx

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love it! Great wedding card!

Cheryl W said...

What a perfect wedding card! It's beautiful, and I'm sure the happy couple loved it.

Bea said...

Simply beautiful!! Love the die.

Leslie Miller said...

This is sooooo beautiful, Lynette! I absolutely LOVE the lattice die with the flowers sweeping along the edge. I had to make a wedding card like this once, but it was for Mrs & Mrs.