Sunday, September 23, 2012

Christmas Sunday - Embossed Embossing

This needs to be one of my quickest posts ever! Not like you can tell, but it's after midnight on Saturday night and I want to get to bed. But here goes:)

I made this card for a challenge on my stamping group. The challenge was to make an embossed embossing card. I embossed the snowflakes with a Cuttlebug folder and textured, white-core light blue cardstock. I sanded down the embossing to reveal the white. Then I brayered Versamark over the embossing and embossed with clear embossing powder. I punched a few darker blue snowflakes and added them, with pearl centers. The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Michael's from a few years ago, embossed with white embossing powder. I matted with the same darker blue as the snowflakes.
I'm linking this card up to the Christmas Card Challenge blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Pretty card - I envy you all of your Christmas cards done and all so different.

Sandy said...

Very lovely! You know this would work for the current CCB challenge as well

Jeanette said...

I love this one too Lynette! I love how the 'snow' looks like it's starting to 'puddle' at the bottom of the window. Okay, I'm missing the snow......is it obvious? LOL I really do love how this turned out!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty color of blue!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. The snowflakes and embossing are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.