Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #206

Wednesday brings a new challenge from Danni's Flutter By Wednesday. The challenge this week is this sketch by Kathy. Check out the blog for the details and to see the creations by the design team.

Here is the sketch. I used Cuttlebug border folders for my "strips" and used my Scor-Pal to score lines between the folders. I embossed the butterfly (from Hampton Art) with white embossing powder on shimmery white paper. I colored with Stampin' Up! markers and then wiped off the embossing with a tissue. I matted with white cardstock and mounted on Pop Dots. I added tiny pearls to the corners. I added the ribbons and then the bow. We'd love to have you join us this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Sheri said...

Pretty card. Love all of the different embossing. What a great idea!

Sandy said...

Lynette, this is such a cute card. Love the use of all the CB embossing borders to create your background!

jan farnworth said...

love the embossed background very neat idea.

Joey said...

Just love this Lynette, the embossing looks fab and the colours are gorgeous. Joey x

Colorado Crafter said...

What a great way to use those border embossing folders!!! I have two or three sets of those that I'm embarrassed to say I've never even tried! LOL!! After reading that they can make unwanted lines on the paper I guess I never even wanted to try them. Now, you've made me want to get them out! Thanks!!! Your card is lovely!!

Kathy said...

This is so soft and pretty. Love the way you've done the background and the pink and yellow are a great combo.

Denice said...

I tried guessing all of the different techniques you used on this before I read what you did...I missed a few, lol!
Everything about this card is wonderful, right down to the perfectly tied bow.
:Dxx

Chrissy said...

Such a pretty card Lynette.Fabulous take on the sketch and beautiful soft colours on your butterfly...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jeanette said...

Love your embossing for the layers. Beautiful card!!

melody said...

such a beautiful and elegant card! love it!

Danni said...

So soft and subtle! Very pretty!! Love the embossing for the scallops!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the different embossing borders you used for the background - and that butterfly is one of my favorite butterfly images!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful butterfly and beautiful card! I've never thought about combining all of those embossing folders. It looks great!