Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #207

Time for a new Flutter By Wednesday challenge - #207. Please check out the details and the cool cards by the design team on Danni's Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog!

This is a "card parts" card. I had brayered left-over navy blue ink onto some ivory cardstock and it was sitting on my table. I liked the texture of the color, so I had kept it. The black piece at the top of the ivory/navy panel was on my table, too. I stamped the swirl (from Tattered Angels) with Night of Navy ink from Stampin' Up!. Then I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts) with black ink. The butterfly is punched with a Martha Stewart punch from shimmery navy paper. A note about the swirl stamp: This is the stamp I used for the wedding card that I couldn't post because I deleted it from the camera accidentally. I think I stamped it three times for that card before I realized that I wasn't doing a poor job of stamping - the stamp is just "distressed" and is "missing" parts! The card base is ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Pretty card. Funny about the stamping and the distressed stamp!

Joanne said...

Such a comforting and beautiful card! Love what you did!

jan farnworth said...

very nice sympathy card.

Chrissy said...

Lovely, elegant, sympathy card Lynette.I have a stamp thats does that too, thought it was me..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathy said...

Lovely! The brayered background and the swirl are beautiful together.

Jenée said...

Lynette, what a beautiful stamp. It is so elegant and vintage looking with the color scheme you've used. Absolutely wonderful card!

Danni said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous!! Love it!

Denice said...

This is so pretty Lynette, what a wonderful stamp you used! What a fab way to use up some "parts" that were waiting to be used!
:Dxx

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty, Lynette!! Love the big "distressed" swirl :)

Tara said...

Beautiful card. Love the flourish!