Monday, September 17, 2012

Elegant Birthday

I made a wedding card on Saturday (for the wedding later that day!), took pictures of it, and then on Sunday morning I accidentally deleted them. (I was cleaning off the memory card, and I just automatically deleted all the uncropped card pictures, because those are the ones I don't need. Oops, I hadn't cropped them yet!) That didn't make me happy, as I liked the card and also because I finally had something to post. Oh well, worse things could happen, for sure!!

After a very busy Sunday, I made this card last evening. The die-cut matting was sitting on my desk, along with the square of silver for it. So, I just needed to cut a white square for on top of the silver and stamp something on it. Both stamps I used are from Technique Tuesday. I stamped the swirl with Memories Soft Silver and the sentiment with black. I added some red gems and mounted on Pop Dots. The patterned paper is from The Paper Studio and is matted with silver and black.

Gosh, we've had lots going on! I think maybe tomorrow I'll do a personal post, telling what we've been up to and why I haven't had any time to stamp. Sure was fun to have some time last night, though. Shoot - when I went to publish this post, I found out that I DID have a card to share yesterday for Christmas Sunday! I guess you'll get it next week, instead.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

JUDI said...

This makes a great Wedding Card....Just kidding. We all have BAD days like that, but its nice to see the humor in it.
This is a real nice card. I love the background paper. With Love Judi

Carolyn King said...

very pretty. laughing about the accidentally deleting them---happens to the best of us :)

Barbara said...

Very pretty card. I like all the action of the background -- it keeps the eye moving. And the greeting square is such a great contrast it pops! Very nice! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's good to be posting again and your encouragement is so appreciated. Hugs!