Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Outta This World Birthday

Another "Card Parts" card for today. It was nice to have a little stamping time, and card parts make things a little quicker.

I've had this stamped background for quite a while. It came in a few boxes of "stuff" from a co-worker of my son. I'm pretty sure she was a Stampin' Up! demo, so I'm assuming the inks, paper and stamp were SU. As you can see, it's done with glossy cardstock. The image I used was from a Recollections set. I colored with a Distress marker and I added googlie eyes and some sparkle. I also added some doodling around the edges. The matting was done with a Nestability. I printed the sentiment on my computer, matted with black, and mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Great fun card.
Hugs
Sandra x

Mary said...

What a great boy birthday card. I love that you added the googly eyes and that you made up the sentiment and printed it out.

Mary

Jeanette said...

This one is so much fun! When I reach into my "card parts" basket, I think of you :)