Thursday, November 29, 2012

Double-Fold Card - Again

Someone asked how to make the cards that I posted on Tuesday, so I thought I would do another one and give the dimensions. So "anonymous," this is for you!

Cut your cardstock to 11 x 5.5 inches. Score at 4.25 and 8.5 inches. Emboss the portion of your card that is 2.5 inches wide - this is the front. 

 For this card, I added a yellow piece behind the front of the card and I punched it with a Martha Stewart border punch. I added patterned paper (from a Die Cuts With a View stack I got at Archiver's) to the middle section and stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

I added a greeting to the inside of the card. So, there you have it! And I dedicate this card to Sheri. It seems like a very spring-y card to me, and Sheri's already waiting for spring! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Super cool! I have to try a double fold card. You did a beautiful job

Rachel OCrowley said...

Very cute card!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love that fold and really need to make a card using it. Love that embossing folder!

Lisa Lara said...

Genius Lynette. Love it.

Leslie Miller said...

I've so missed my visits. You have no idea how inspiring your CAS cards are and I've thought about you many times in the last couple of months. I was really out of touch. This is divine. You know I always love the embossing. Thanks for the warm greeting on my blog, Lynette.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to make a comment here. I wanted to thank you for giving the details about the double fold card that I asked about. I really appreciate that you would do that and so quickly, too. I will definitely be using this fold on some future cards. I love to use dry embossing on my cards and I'm trying to go more for a CAS style since it seems to always take me so long to make even a simple card.