Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #214 - Thanks!

Today is the start of a new challenge from the Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog. The challenge for this week is to make a card with the theme "Thankful/Giving Thanks." Thanks for joining us last week, and we hope to have you join again this week!

I was playing around with my Letterpress a few weeks ago, and had this piece still laying on my table. The dashed wavy lines and the "thanks" were inked and pressed with the Letterpress on Letterpress paper. I cut it down to just less than the size of a card front and sponged some purple ink around the edges. The butterflies (gray and patterned purple) were punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I added clear gems to the butterfly bodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

This is classic Lynette CAS, love it! I have never worked with letter press but from your sample I can see where I would like it! I'll keep my eyes open and see if I see a good deal somewhere so I can give it a try.

Rachel OCrowley said...

Very cute card!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the lavender color. Very nice CAS card. Nice you are still using your Letterpress.........I sold mine. :)

Kristie said...

Great card design and I love the colors!

Chrissy said...

Very classy CAS card Lynette..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jan farnworth said...

very nice thank you card.

Danni said...

So pretty!! I haven't ever seen a letterpress but I adore the butterfly trails and words so it gets a thumbs up in my book..LOL!

Jenée said...

Super card. Really like the butterflies. The gray and purple against the white looks really clean and sharp!

Denice said...

I wondered how a Letterpress worked...you were are to get such a great picture of the impressions!
Lovely card, the purple and gray is a fabulous combination.
:Dxx

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully CAS - seems you've been into purple lately (I love purple)!