Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Four Cards - Same Card Base

These four cards are all done with the same type of card base. There are three panels to them - the front panel is actually only half the width of the card. (Thanks for showing them to us in Des Moines, Andrea!)

Sorry for this blurry picture. I need to adjust my picture-taking area and figure out how to do it better. I had it set up fairly well until I got my new shelf. Anyway, I believe the embossing on the left side was done with a Stampin' Up! folder. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The butterfly is done with a Martha Stewart punch, with added black gems and hand-drawn antennae. The black trim was punched with a Fiskars punch. This card is ivory.
The embossing on this one was done with the same folder. You can barely see the sentiment on the patterned paper (which covers the entire middle panel) but you really can see it "in real life." I added black gems on each side of the sentiment. This card is also an ivory card base.
Again, same embossing folder, on white this time. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink, is stamped on white and matted with black.
Totally simple on this one. Another white base, embossed with a different folder. It may also be Stampin' Up!, but I'm not sure. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and great sympathy cards!
gloria

Sheri said...

Very nice cards. I especially love the last one. It is so elegant

Anonymous said...

Is there a name for this kind of fold? I'd love to look it up online since you can't really see it in any of these pictures since none of them are photographed open. I'm just curious what the 3 panels are you spoke of. I love making cards with interesting folds. These are so pretty!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love those embossing folders. Very nice cards!