Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy 95th Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mother-in-law's 95th birthday!! She is still in great health and lives alone in her home. Awesome! We went to visit her for the weekend to celebrate with her.

This is the card I made for her. The papers I used are from a Recollections matstack. I cut the main panel with a Spellbinders die and mounted it on foam squares. I embossed it, also, and sponged some green ink on it before removing the die. The numbers were cut using a Cuttlebug alphabet set. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The butterflies and heart border used Martha Stewart punches. You can cut your own cardstock for the base, or get it pre-cut from Repeat Impressions, on this page. (Called a Step Out card there.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful card!!!
gloria

Алексровер Анна said...

A great date! Very nice card! Last time you have many pleasant reasons to make cards!
My congratulations!!!!

Shoshi said...

What a lovely card for your mother-in-law, Lynette. I hope she has a lovely day. Glad to hear that she's doing so well, at such a ripe old age. My mum, at 91, isn't doing so well, but managing better than she thinks - on her own with Dad in the residential home.

Thank you for your lovely comment - so glad you like my zentangles. I think the Huggins one with the eyelet and ribbon is my favourite too! Lots of potential for experimenting, combining different patterns.

Shoshi

Rachel OCrowley said...

Congrats to your mom!! This is a very cute card!

Sheri said...

It is a beauty. Congrats to her.

Sandy said...

Lovely card and colour combo Lynette! I really do like that step out card and being able to get it pre-cut is a great idea.
Hope you had fun celebrating with your MIL this weekend.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You made a lovely card for your MIL. Congratulations and Happy Birthday to her for celebrating 95 years!!!

Beth Matson said...

What a lovely card. I've never tried a step out card. I'll have to check out the site you mentioned. And Happy Belated Birthday to your Mother-in-law.

Joanne said...

What a blessing to have a MIL for so long....lots of wonderful memories! BEAUTUIFUL card, Lynette! Love your choice of colors too!

Danni said...

Have fun celebrating with your mother-in-law! How wonderful!!
Super pretty card!