Saturday, May 2, 2020

Leaf Stencil Two Ways

It's a two-fer today:) I used a die to cut out these leaves. At least, I think they are leaves! I used them as wheat last week on a sympathy card to North  Dakota, though. They also look like feathers to me. At any rate, that's what I used for these cards!

I cut a piece from thick cardstock and used it as a stencil. For this first card, I used embossing paste over the stencil. After removing the stencil, I added emerald pearl lustre embossing powder over the paste and heated it. It makes a cool bubbled texture. I matted with dark green. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is mounted on foam squares.



For this second card, I used Deco Foil Gel and then foiled it with my laminator. The sentiment is from Inky Antics. I cut it out using a Spellbinders die.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Your Twofer are sensational, Lynette! I am really impressed with that bubbly technique and will have to give it a go. The results are awesome! And I love the shiny foil behind your barley (? Let's just say it's a very versatile stamp!) Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great cqrds, Lynette! I really like the look of the embossing powder over the embossing paste!

Cheryl W said...

These are both beautiful! Love that die-cut, and it's big enough to make a great stencil. I need to look through my dies and see if any of them would make nice stencil.

Leslie Miller said...

That die made a pretty amazing stencil! It's gorgeous, Lynette, and I love the bubbly effect on the first. It could be any of those things you mentioned, or it could be barley like Darnell said. I love it!

Bea said...

Beautiful cards as always. Love the look, have to try doing both.