Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Stamped Background

I stamped this background just before I went into "concentrate on Mom and Dad's stuff" mode. I think I actually finished the card shortly after that. But here it is finally on my blog. Hopefully I'll have some more time to create soon.

I happened upon this wood-mounted leaf stamp when I had a bunch of wood-mounted stamps out. (They are all still out, by the way!) It's by Scrappy Cat. I thought it looked kind of pretty. So, I made this background with it. All of the other stamps (flower, flower center, four-dots, and sentiment) are from Papertrey Ink. I used Gina K inks and matted with Gina K cardstock. I used foam squares to mount the panel.

I got all through the boxes of my mom and dad's things. It's at least sorted out. Step one! I will be passing a lot of it on to my brother. I have a BIG box of pictures, though, that I still need to sort out as best as I can and scan them. That is going to take a long time! At least they are all in one place, though.

Our daughter and her family are coming for a visit soon and will be here for a while. I guess my stamping time will be limited then! I'll just create when I can and enjoy the company.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Enjoy your daughter's visit!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You make it look easy to create your own dp. You've done it before too! And you used my favorite birthday stamp on this card!

Cheryl W said...

Pretty background stamping! There have only been a few times that I have used multiple stamps to create an entire background. I do remember it being fun to do, though, and very satisfying.

Leslie Miller said...

If this was background paper I'd use the heck out of it, it's so cute! Good job getting through all those boxes. I know how long it takes to go through and scan all the photos. I've been working slowly on something like that, too.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty, soft colors! We have spent several days sorting through paperwork, photos, etc. somehow, we ended up with stuff from both sets of parents, and still have things our ‘kids’ left at home when they left. It’s a job! Thought we better get after it in case we have to move again! Our old house still hasn’t sold, so we may have to move back, and try to sell this one. Ugh... thanks for sharing!