Friday, May 15, 2020

Spring Card Camp 2 - Day Five

Day Five of the Spring Card Camp online class was to use shading with stencils. The first example was "vintage" shading. She first used a very light tan over the whole stencil and then used light shades of coloring. I used two shades of green over the tan. I don't really have many stencils, so I've used this same Memory Box stencil. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I matted with black and mounted on a kraft cardbase. I also added a few "nail heads."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another nice spring card.

bonnie32002 said...

I really like how this turned out. Had you not told me that it was first sponged in tan I would have never seen it. Love the leaves!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great shading on the leaves. Don't you just love that sentiment stamp? It's one of my favorites to use. The nail heads are a nice addition. Good job!

Cheryl W said...

That really turned out nice! I like the idea of using tan or light beige ink on the stencil first and then adding the colors you want. I'm sure it gives some depth to the colors.