Monday, May 4, 2020

White Roses

An online friend, Bonnie, recently posted a card using a technique she had learned from a  Gina K video. I guess I had missed that one. (Her post is on April 26.) The technique is to stamp with black on kraft cardstock and then color with only white colored pencils. It looks great on Gina's card, but I agree with Bonnie - mine didn't look so great with only white, either! So, I added green to the leaves. I thought I could stamp the image again (using my MISTI) after I used the colored pencils, but I found out that colored pencil doesn't take ink real well. But, I still like the way this turned out and I think our daughter and son-in-law will get this card. The finished card measures four inches by just shy of nine inches. The flowers are by Inkadinkado and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I added Wink of Stella to the flowers and a few "nail head" enamel dots and I matted the image panel with black.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Lynette. I love the effect of using white on the kraft card. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Well, it certainly looks pretty the way you've done it! Love the long and low format.

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty. Your white roses look so delicate. When I try to imagine it all colored with a white pencil, I have to agree that I like the addition of the green on the leaves.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like the way you did the coloring on yours. I think adding the green to the leaves was the perfect touch!