Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Water-Colored Birdies

I do really like doing watercolor, but I'm not so great at it and don't have much imagination. But, I wanted to do a little bit of it and so I created this card. I stamped an image from Inkadinkado several times on watercolor paper to fill the page. Then I used two colors of paint on each little birdie. Some of them turned out well and some not-so-well! But, here they are. I matted with black. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink, is stamped on shimmery ivory cardstock and heat-embossed. It's also matted with black and is mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I really like the color combinations. Best water-colored birdies ever!

Cheryl W said...

That looks like a fun card to make, and I think you did amazingly well in painting your birds. Using two different colors of paint was the perfect idea for these small images. I hope you use your watercolor paints more often. The results look great!

Leslie Miller said...

I love every bit of this, Lynette! Super cute stamp and your watercoloring is absolutely awesome! I love how your colors create an overall rainbow effect. I think you know how fond I am of watercolor and it looks to me like you're pretty good at it!

Patti J said...

I think your watercoloring is beautiful! And what a sweet card! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try watercolors again!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That card made me smile when I saw it. Love all those cute little birds. I think you colored them very well!