Monday, May 11, 2020

Spring Card Camp - Day 1

Day One of the On-line Card Class Spring Card Camp was masking. I masked off the oval and used Gina K inks to fill in the oval. The sentiment stamp and the flowers are both from my favorite Hero Arts sympathy set. I think I'll make another card using the reverse oval and stamp or ink up the piece except for the oval. Hopefully soon. I had to make two quick sympathy cards. I was out. My last uncle passed away last week, as did a member of our church. Our church member died of Covid-19.

Well, I DID make another card, and even in time to put it in the same blog post. Mother's Day was a good stamping day for me:) I placed the die-cut oval on the white cardstock and brushed ink over it, around the rest of the piece. I used another oval die to add the black oval line inside the white oval. I think it would have been better without it, but oh well! I used the same stamps as the first card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both cards are wonderful for sympathy cards. The colors work well together. Such a great H.A. stamp set. I actually don't think that's one I have. Glad you had some time yesterday to spend stamping and having fun in your craft room!

Cheryl W said...

So sorry to hear that your last uncle passed away, Lynette. My condolences to you and your family. I lost my last uncle in March. So sad. Both your cards are lovely. I think the muted colors you chose are perfect for the occasion. I really like the silhouette floral stamp, too. Hope you are staying healthy and not going too stir-crazy.

Leslie Miller said...

These are so lovely! I really must CASE, but maybe with a die because I have so few solid image stamps. I'm sorry about your uncle, Lynette.

Carole said...


I needed a couple of sympathy cards today and I have this stamp set. Was so glad to find your design as I was able to make a couple of cards quickly and easily.