Sunday, April 29, 2012

"Christmas Sunday"

Another Sunday, another Christmas card:) I kind of like this card and I kind of don't, but you get to see it anyway. I'm entering it in the Christmas Card Challenge, too.


This is all one stamp. I don't think I've ever used it before and I don't think I'll use it again! LOL! It's by Stamps Happen and I believe I got it clearance several years ago at Michael's. I stamped the image on white with Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped the center section on green paper and cut it out. I colored the top and bottom sections with Copic markers. (That tree was not fun to color, hence my reason for not using the stamp again.) I cut the entire image panel close to the edges and matted with the same green paper as the middle section. As a last step, I covered the green section with "sticky" using my Xyron machine before adhering to the image panel, then after putting it in place, I sprinkled it with ultra-fine glitter. Shoot - little did I know that you wouldn't be able to see the stamping under it! Oh well. I do love the sparkle. (It says "Merry Christmas" over and over and over on it.)


As this is posting, I'll about be on my way home from Atlanta. I went down with my mom and dad to visit a brother and sister that live there, and our brother from Colorado came, too. I'm sure I've had a great time, but I'm writing this before I even left. LOL! I can give more details tomorrow.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I can definitely see all the work that went into this card! It's beautiful! All the colors, the glitter - so pretty! But I understand why it would be hard to do more than a few of these! Glad you had a great trip!

Margo said...

you did a great job on the finicky colouring!

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card challenge blog.